SUMMARY OF ROLE
ActionAid is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The holder of the position shall be responsible for enhancing quality and effectiveness of programme through implementation of M&E systems and assessment of programmes in accordance with our Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) and our Country Strategic Paper.
- Support programming staff within AAS in the development of systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data;
- Undertaking baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives;
- Build capacity of local communities, partners and staff on the logical framework, data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles, report writing techniques and requirements for relevant donors;
- Establishment and maintenance of an updated information database for LRPs and Country programme;
- Participate in proposal development, in particular the development of the M&E framework for funded projects;
- Undertake mid-term and final reviews of LRPs and country programmes as necessary;
- Coordination and dissemination of annual and quarterly reports for the programmes;
- Operationalize monitoring and evaluation framework for CSP and at LRP levels;
- Act as M&E support for AAS donor funded projects, supporting development of M&E tools for such projects, training staff and partners on M&E for the projects and supporting data gathering, documentation and learning for such projects
- Organize and coordinate lessons learning workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing; and
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resource and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Development related subjects preferable Economics or Sociology.
- Very fluent in both English and French.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of development programmes.
- Good understanding of HRBA and program cycle Management; and knowledge of research methods.
- Leadership and management
- Strategic thinking
- Analysis and report writing
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Proficiency in MS Office
If you meet the requirements, send your CV/Resume, motivation or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to ActionAid Senegal, B.P: 45780 Dakar-Fann 67, Ouest Foire Cité SAGEF 1, Dakar Senegal no later than Wednesday, 18th 2020. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.